For 25 years CAHRA has been the designated community action program for Pinal County and is a leading safety net agency providing case management integrated with financial assistance, emergency home repair services, transitional housing for homeless families and Self-Help Housing for low and median income households.
Providing services that are not available elsewhere means Community Action Agencies in rural areas across the country, often offer a lifeline. Community Action Agencies are filling in services gaps so that critical needs can be met and are providing linkages to resources that otherwise would be inaccessible. The solution is often as simple as bringing the same services to a new segment of the population or as complex as establishing an entirely new service category.
The agency has created a program of one-on-one services that strives to enhance personal and economic self-sufficiency. CAHRA also places strong emphasis on building relationships with community resources, faith organi-zations, and municipal and state entities to insure issues affecting the low-income population are addressed and solutions developed. The agency currently facilitates community networks in Casa Grande and Eloy and publishes a monthly newsletter with a circulation of 400. (See current issue of Newsletter here.)
(See detailed CAHRA information under "Agencies")
Community Advocacy, Referral & Education (CARE) Network
- Rural Homeless Continuum of Care Committee Homeless Services Planning Committee
- Santa Cruz Valley Food Bank
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Publication of Pinal County Network Newsletter Click Newsletter to see latest edition
- Lead agency in planning and conduct of Resource Roundup
- Prescription Discount Cards
- Case Management & Financial assistance for Homeless & Non-Homeless Households
- Outreach to Homeless Individuals & Families
- Rapid Re-Housing for Homeless Families with Children
- Community Investment Fund for assistance with non-shelter related expenses
- Lifeline Telephone Discount Program
- Utility Discount Programs Enrollment
- Emergency Home Repair
- Home Alone, Safe Alone Emergency Notification Devices
- Utility Repair/Replacement
Click here to see current Intake Schedule.
(This schedule applies to Community Services only.)